Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Heroes

I've become addicted to the TV show Heroes. I know I'm several months out of date, but it's great ploughing my way through the boxset. Just what makes it quite so addictive, I don't know. It's a bit like Lost, except things actually happen.

I've been thinking which superpowers it would be good to have in Oxford and what I'd do with them...

Bending space and time - very useful for sales shopping and moving all the French schoolkids and tourists out of my way, manipulating bus queues and making my
G&Ds ice cream last longer. Or, slightly more dramatically, great for going back a few hundred years and experiencing Oxford life where students were all related to kings, the Castle was actually a castle and New College really was new.

Flying - soaring over the dreaming spires, away from the hustle and bustle of life...it couldn't get much better really.

Painting the future - could be a nice change since Oxford is so obsessed with the past. Then again, it might just be the
Westgate centre and buildings covering up the last few remaining green spaces. You can't control it either...might give this one a miss.

Surviving all manner of suicide attempts/injuries - a dubious talent, but maybe I'd stop fearing the roar of the Oxford tube quite so much when I'm struggling to stay upright on my bike.




No comments: